Conversion Lenses108 products
Lens Hoods29 products
Lens Mounts43 products
$338.85 $399.00 Save $60.15
The heart and soul of any camera is the lens. The best lenses on the market are true precision tools, very high quality lenses which can make your photography a snap.
Types of camera lens
These are the typical camera lenses:
- Wide angle- Invaluable when taking large area shots, these lenses are also extremely good quality and provide excellent resolution
- High definition- These lenses can turn any camera into a top HDqualityprecision machine, and do a lot to improve picture quality when uploaded on to computers, iPods, or other media
- Close up- These lenses are used to manage focal issues in close up photography, improving resolution and making shooting a lot easier
- Fisheye- The famous fisheye lenses are the ultra-wide angle lenses, able to take in a panoramic view and provide crystal clarity.
- Telephoto- The lens that does it all, the telephoto lens is a zoom for your zoom. It can literally multiply the effect of your camera’s zoom, as well as improving picture quality.
- Video- Designed specifically for video cameras, this range of lenses includes all the features of the other types of lens
- Converter lenses- These lenses modify your existing lens to a specified degree, and include all the different options above
Shopping for camera lenses
This shopping can be a lot of fun, particularly if you’re looking to extend the scope of your photography and get more ambitious about your shooting.
Best practice for shoppers is:
- Check out the range of options in each lens type and consider your options for different types of lens. You’ll soon come up with a reliable shopping list of the types of lens you really want.
- Always shop around online first. The first thing you’ll notice is that the prices are always better online, and that the range of choices is much bigger.
- If you’re not sure about whether a product is suitable for your camera, ask the supplier. This saves time and can clear up any questions you may have.
- Check out lens accessories like adaptor tubes. These tubes are a “sleeve” for the lens, and are used for cameras which require a tube to accommodate the zoom barrel.
You’ll find you’ve discovered a whole new world of photography. Have fun!